Chronic Care Management (CCM)
Chronic care management (CCM) refers to the face-to-face services provided to Medicare beneficiaries with more than one significant chronic condition. CCM relies on not only face-to-face care but also refers to any communications and coordination of care related to chronic pain and medication management.
Purpose of CCM Program:
The purpose of Chronic Care Management program is to help patients with chronic conditions better manage their self-care and optimise their health. The primary goals of CCM are to assist patients with:
• accessing needed health services
• coordinating care
• enhancing their self-management skills, health behaviours, and compliance with their plan of care.
• maintaining health and functioning.
Goals of Chronic care management :
Goal of chronic care management is an improved quality of life.This may extend to:
• Reduced pain
• Increased mobility
• Better sleep
• Reduced stress
• Increased physical condition (flexibility, endurance, strength, etc.)
• Return to previous activities, hobbies, work, etc.